How to choose the perfect Perfume for the Bride this Wedding Season?
When it comes to weddings, we all arrange our pieces of jewelry, our exclusive wedding dress and so many other nick nacks in place. What often skips our notice is the fact that how we’re going to smell on our most important day! Remembering to put the perfect fragrance in our wedding trousseau for D-Day is pretty important. A look just can’t be complete without smelling amazing.When it comes to selecting the appropriate fragrance for yourself, there might be a lot of back and forth before narrowing it down to your kind of fragrance. Initially, the task might seem daunting and intimidating due to the overpowering range of scents and fragrances in the market to select from. However, once the right chords hit you, you’ll know you’ve found your true fragrance.
Why is Perfume Essential for Brides?Weddings are elaborate affairs and the entire event can last for hours or even the complete day. There are high chances of sweating under that well-fitted wedding dress and, of course, due to all that excitement which, in turn, can make your body odor pungent and less likely to be admired. Wearing perfumes can avoid the chances of such situations and crises. Moreover, it’s out of question that the bride deserves to smell amazing to cherish her memory of the big day. Her favourite fragrance would not only help in giving out that magical vibe when she does her much awaited entry but would also make her feel special on the inside. It will add on to her attire and her forever special bridal getup.
How to choose the Perfect Perfume for your Big Day?
We generally link fragrances to the happy moments we cherish. People also highly associate the Perfume you wear with your personality. A scent contains a personal touch that sticks to the memory forever. If you are worried about how to choose the Best Perfume for a Wedding, we are here to clear your confusion.
Just keep these little things in mind while you hunt for a perfume that feels right!
1 :Is it a day wedding or a night wedding?The time of the day is as important as your venue, your dress etc. When you are getting married in the daytime, you must go for lighter, fresher perfumes such as citrus, florals and oceanics. This sort of perfume works better for the day. On the other hand, if you have an evening wedding event, you can try richer fragrances with a heavy base such as woods and orientals which are more suited to night time wear. Even the season in which you are getting married should also be taken care of. In the case of a summer wedding, you can go for fresh and citrus notes. Whereas for winter weddings, one can opt for woody fragrances.
2: Your perfume must compliment your dressFragrance is an extension to the style. Therefore, opting for a perfume that compliments your dress becomes an important thing to keep in mind. You can look for fragrances that are fruity and flowery, and also not that strong. For a feminine touch, you can opt for floral notes like those in LE FLORENTINE CLASSIC WOMAN for an exotic experience and which can also have a long-lasting effect. You can look for a citrus or woody fragrance if you have a glamorous dressing sense. Oriental can work wonders for most fashionistas. Not only does the right fragrance let you enhance your dress but also makes you feel complete and boosts your personality in front of others.
3. It should be long lastingThere’s no Why when it comes to the basic need of your perfume being long lasting, especially on your wedding day. There can be so many ways to make your fragrance long lasting. All you need to do is find the right perfume and find the right spots to use your perfume that would make it last for the entire day. You can use moisturizers and petroleum jellies to ensure that the perfume molecules are trapped for a longer time. The best way still is to apply the perfume at body heat points or pulse points to make it spread for a longer time.
4. Avoid experimenting too muchExperiments are all good but over experimenting can make things bad at times. Stop at the first instinct whenever you are shopping for perfume. Do not try more than three perfumes in an hour since it overwhelms you with your smell. It’s best to go with the tried and tested ones for the big day. Avoid experimenting a lot, keep it simple and do prior research in order to avoid confusion.
5. Do a patch test!While attempting out diverse samples of perfumes, a skin test is a super important thing to keep note of. Our pores and skin itself has certain hormones that may react with certain combinations or oils. You don’t want your perfume reacting with your skin and causing rashes, itchiness or making you uneasy in any way on your big day.
6. Does your fragrance define you?
Of course it does! A fragrance is directly associated with one’s personality. It can be one of the reasons why someone gets attracted towards you. While picking your fragrance you need to ensure that your perfume is enhancing who you are and defining your best self.
You have to decide how you want your fragrance to be on your wedding day and include it in your Bridal Trousseau Box at the earliest. You can also try a brand new perfume or something which can remind both you and your spouse of your wedding day. It is because the smell resides forever.
How to make the Fragrance last long?
- Don’t rub the fragrance onto your skin. You may have seen ladies around you spritzing the cologne on their wrists and rubbing it. This simply fades away the pinnacle notes of the scent and makes it evaporate faster.
- Spray it in your pulse factors – the interior of your wrists, internal elbows, at the back of your knees and ear lobes, and beneath your belly button. Pulse factors are warm spots in the body that radiate greater body heat. This facilitates diffusing the scent higher and longer.
- Don’t immediately spray the fragrance on your clothes. Instead, spritz after which you walk into it and back out. This calmly distributes the heady fragrance in your clothes, doesn’t smash them, and makes your pricey fragrance last well.
You don’t really have to choose a fragrance, the right fragrance will choose you itself. All you have to do is to have patience and find that connection with your perfume for the big day. Try not to make it hectic. You have a lot of time if you do it right. Most ladies don’t contemplate their wedding aroma until just before their enormous day. But if you look out in the right direction, you already got one in your Bridal Trousseau Box.
Cheers to the Happy Wedding you will have!