Looking for the right perfume? Know how to choose
Your premium fragrance is not just your first impression, but it is also a part of the personal memory that you leave behind in the minds and hearts of people. Whether it’s an aroma on your outfit, in your home, in the air, your unique scent can make people go – “she’s here!”
But finding the right perfume that can be marked as your signature scent might be a challenging task.
More often than not you’ll find yourself confused amongst luxurious choices of fragrances and pick one at random instead of finding The One perfume meant for you.
At LeFlorentine’s online perfume shop, we recognize your need to re-invent and confidently portray the bold you through your signature premium fragrance.
So here we are sharing your 101 guide on choosing the right perfume that defines who you truly are:
1 – Spray and sniff isn’t enough
Finding the perfect fragrance for your body and personality is a patient task. Simply selecting a perfume based on the smell of its first spray is not enough. Instead as top industry experts and coordinators at women scent brands recommend – you must spray the scent on a piece of blotter and for a few minutes, let it sit. Next, once you are ready, you should waive the blotter around you so that you not only get a whiff of the scent but also a feel of the scent. Tester perfumes like the tester fragrance range at LeFlorentine help you do exactly this. These tester bottles can be used so that you do not rush into sniffing a scent up your nose but taking the time to patiently understand the feel and smell of the perfume. After all, you don’t want to rush the experience of buying something that is tied to your personality so closely.
2 – Compliment it with your body
Perfumes are nothing but intricately curated combinations that satisfy and arouse your olfactory senses. So a particular kind of fragrance may smell heavenly on someone else but not-so-great on your body. This is completely fine because different kinds of fragrances compliment different people in different ways. The key to finding the right perfume for men and women scent is to ensure that the perfume you select compliments your body. It should uplift your spirits, calm you down, and set you in a confident and at ease mood. Once you find a fragrance that checks all of these boxes then you definitely have the right perfume for you in your hands.
3 – Understand what you are smelling
Understanding what kind of perfume, you are smelling is a vital and highly overlooked step in finding the right perfume for yourself. Le Florentine has made this task easier by compiling a list of the common perfume categories and what each of them signifies:
- Fresh : ‘A soothing and relaxing spa day just for you’ Fresh fragrances consist of citrus odours like lemons, grapefruits, and oranges or aromatic herbs like lavender, basil, and rosemary. You can associate this smell with a pleasant spa or your grandmother’s clean laundry in a scenic backyard, or a calm and soothing nature yoga session.
- Smoky : ‘Fragrant cedar chips in your central fireplace’ A smoky fragrance will remind you of a pleasant late-night walk in the wildfires of California. Especially for people who love the smell of tobacco in cigarettes or a blown-out-match, smoky perfumes will definitely complement their personality.
- Floral : ‘Flirty and feminine, a clichéd wedding trousseau’Floral fragrances are the cliché of the genre of perfumes, and a majority of women scents fall under this. With fruity elements and a playful fragrance, these kinds of perfumes will make you feel sweet, light, and happy. They are dedicated to a variety of floral smells, popular ones being – roses, jasmine, and lilies.
- Woody : ‘Luxurious farmhouse with cedarwood furnishing’ Woody perfumes have a mysterious, warm, and strong smell. Often used in aftershaves they are based on smells like cedarwood, amber, sandalwood, and vetiver, and more common in perfumes for men. Especially people who like earthy smells, like that of wet asphalt, and petrichor will find these perfumes just right.
- Oriental : ‘A sensual, spicy, and expensive massage’Oriental perfumes will make you feel exactly like a sensual, spicy, expensive massage. They are made with the base notes of warm spices like cinnamon and vanilla. But pay special attention here, spicy vanilla or spicy oriental is not like a sugary vanilla cupcake smell rather like earthy vanilla with hints of tobacco smell. They can work well for both a woman scent and perfume for men.
- Aquatic : ‘Reading a paperback book on a pleasant beach with a sparkling ocean’Needless to say, that aquatic fragrance will feel and smell like a serene salty ocean or fresh sea air. It can immediately transport you to a breezy day in the summer sailing on clear waters. For all adventurous spirits who like their days spent on a calm and serene beach-house, aquatic perfumes will complement their mood perfectly. Often used as part of wedding trousseau to calm the bride on her big and auspicious day with some calming fragrance.
It’s definitely not rocket science to pick the right perfume for you, but still it does require an eye (and of course nose!) to understand what exactly you’re looking for. So take your sweet time, do your homework and with LeFlorentine and patiently pick a perfume that defines you, compliments you, and showcases the bold YOU!